Moving From Vehicle to Shooting Station and Back
- Always carry your firearm to the shooting station in a case, UNLOADED and with safety on.
- Your firearm’s action should be open in the case.
- When arriving, wait for a “Cold” range, and ensure no one is downrange before you move to a firing station/table. This is another common mistake that first-time gun range attendees make.
- If the range is “Cold,” DO NOT OPEN YOUR CASE and load your firearm until the range is “Hot.”
- Keep your muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
- Always assume that a firearm is loaded.
- Follow ALL safe firearm handling rules that you are learning in this course.